Breast reduction surgery abroad can be a challenge for the first time. That is why patients ask many questions in the same regard. This blog is written to provide you with some of the frequently asked questions when getting a surgery abroad.
How many days beforehand I should arrive in Turkey?
When breast reduction surgery abroad is decided, it will be sufficient to come to the hospital 1 or 2 days before the operation date. This period of time is necessary for face-to-face consultations for surgery preparations.
What should I do before getting my breast reduction surgery abroad?
The below points apply to any type of plastic surgery you would like to have. The country of the surgery does not change anything from the below;
- If you are an active smoker, you should stop smoking at least for a week or two before surgery;
- You should stop consuming alcohol, if you drink frequently, at least for a week or two in advance;
- If you have chronic diseases and need to use medication regularly, you should definitely inform your medical professional beforehand;
- In the operation, you should take care of a healthy diet in the first week after the surgery;
- You should increase the resistance of your body by paying attention to regular sleep;
- You should not neglect to follow the instructions given by your medical professional.
How long do I have to stay in Turkey before leaving the country?
This will be determined by your request of operation. Usually, CK Health Turkey patients stay a total of 7 days for their treatment. This is to prevent any possible complications and provide additional support. In plastic surgeries, if our patients would like to combine their treatment the number of days becomes longer.
How will my travelling plan be during Covid-19?
As you know, Covid Pandemic changed a lot of things in our daily lives. It has been the same for the past year. This change is inclusive but not limited to travel restrictions. Currently, travel for leisure and business, to some extent, has been suspended until further notice. However, travel for medical reasons can be accepted for travel.
Of course, your travelling plan to Turkey will change depending on the country you stay in. In order to get complete and accurate information for the same, you can contact CK Health Turkey. We can assist you plan your travel to Turkey/Antalya for your medical treatment.