Gynecomastia surgery exists due to the fact that male breasts can grow unusually. There are many reasons why it happens. You can see the below about the other reasons and more details on the same.
Also, the chances of gynecomastia are relatively common due to constantly changing hormone levels during adolescence. In most of the gynecomastia cases seen in adolescence, swollen breast tissue disappears without treatment.
The prevalence of gynecomastia in adults starts to rise again between the ages of 50-69. Also, studies show that at least one out of every four men in this age group shows signs of gynecomastia. Some types of medication can cause gynecomastia too.
Are you suitable for Gynecomastia Surgery?
With CK Health Turkey, you can get a consultation to determine your suitability for the surgery. Also, before than that you can determine if you need the surgery or not. You can consider the below. If you have any of the below, you can decide your need for the surgery. These are:
- There are publications reporting that some antidepressants and heart medications also cause gynecomastia.
- Some health problems can affect the body’s normal hormone balance, causing gynecomastia. For example, conditions that affect normal testosterone production and lead to hypogonadism, such as Klinefelter’s syndrome or pituitary insufficiency, can be associated with gynecomastia.
- Hormone changes that occur with normal aging can also cause gynecomastia, especially in overweight men.
- Some tumors affecting the testicles, adrenal glands or pituitary gland can affect hormone production, altering the male-female hormone balance and causing gynecomastia.
- About half of individuals undergoing dialysis treatment for kidney failure can develop gynecomastia due to hormonal changes.
- Various liver problems and cirrhosis medications can cause gynecomastia by causing changes in hormone levels.
- Malnutrition and hunger can cause gynecomastia because when the human body is deprived of adequate nutrition. Also, testosterone levels drop while estrogen levels remain the same. Thus, this cause hormonal imbalance. Even if gynecomastia does not start during this period, it may also occur when normal nutrition resumes.
If you have more questions on the same, you can contact CK Health Turkey directly.