The price of the gastric bypass surgery will show variety based on many countless variables. In order to get a professional assistance on the same, you can contact CK Health Turkey where located in Antalya. When compared, it can be seen that Gastric Bypass Surgery price prices are affordable in order to receive a high quality surgery. To get a medical professionals opinion, you can contact CK Health Turkey. As CK Health Turkey offers affordable surgical treatments that helps patients to have a right treatment with highquality materials through highly experienced surgeons in a sanitized environment in Turkey in Antalya.
There are parameters provided below in order to assist you with determining if you are a candidate for Gastric Bypass surgery. These are:
• If you are twice your ideal weight or if you aim to lose an average of 40 pounds or more;
• If your BMI or Body Mass Index that you can easily calculate around 40;
• Your BMI is 35, but if you have a concomitant illness such as diabetes, blood pressure, joint problems, sleep apnea associated with excess weight;
• If you have obesity issue for more than 5 years;
• You have had weight loss attempts before but failed;
• If you are determined to change your lifestyle and dietary habits to lose weight, you are a suitable candidate for obesity surgery.
Also, keep in mind that the above is only for your general guidance and you will receive the most accurate information from your surgeon in which bariatric surgery you are eligible the most.
How much weight can I lose with Bariatric Surgery?
On average, patients tend to lose 65-70% of their excess weight in the first year following the surgery. 10-14 years after the operation, 50-60% of the excess weight remains lost.
Keep in mind that above numbers may vary for you after receiving your bariatric surgery as everyone has different body shape, metabolism and different life styles.
What are the routine tests that should be done before surgery?
Routine test are taken for each surgery such as complete blood count, urine test, bleeding tests. In addition, oral glucose tolerance test is performed in terms of thyroid function tests, blood sugar, and sometimes Type 2 diabetes. A whole abdominal ultrasound is performed to evaluate the liver and to see if there is no gallbladder stone or other abdominal problem. Gastroscopy is crucial so that any potential complications can be ruled out such as hernias and ulcers.
Respiratory function tests, echocardiography, sleep test (polysomnography) and cardiology, chest diseases consultation are requested tests when necessary. Bear in mind that these are not mandatory tests; they will be requested as they are needed.