Liposuction is a excessive fat removal operation. On the same day of your Vaser Liposuction, you should be able to go home as the procedure provides being the least invasive operation among all other types of liposuction up to day. Approximately, it can take as little as 2-3 days of recovery time. This depends also on the area of operation and your medical history for you to continue with your daily routine once again. At this stage, your surgeon will assist you to have an idea of what to expect after the operation.
After a few days of the operation, you may observe a pink-orange-like fluid coming out from the operated area, but this is perfectly and should be resolved on its own without needing further medical attention. Pain, following VASER liposuction, is usually to its minimal, and it is highly unlikely that you will require strong medication.
Around the area of surgery usually swelling can seen and remain around for 5 to 6 weeks. During this time, there can be a feeling of numbness or some bruising occur but this is normal. If the effect endures long after the surgery, inform your surgeon instantly. It is best to avoid completely heavy lifting for 2-3 weeks to allow your body to heal to its fullest.
To emphasize that you will need to wear a special compression garment. This will help reshape your body for about 6-8 weeks after your VASER liposuction surgery. The main reason is that your body will want to fill the area with body fluids where laser liposuction is performed. The use of the special compression garment to prevent this from happening. Further information should be provided by your surgeon on the same.
What are the complications occur after your liposuction operation?
- Bleeding and infection are among the most feared complications for liposuction surgery. It should be remembered that there is no possibility of serious bleeding in such surgeries, but simple hematomas in the form of bruising can be seen after liposuction.
- If redness, fever, and swelling that is experienced around the fifth day after the operation may indicate an infection. Then, inform your surgeon as soon as possible.
- Although it is observed in rarest cases, skin loss is among other complications that can be seen. Even smoking a single cigarette will increase this possibility. That is why do not start smoking right after the surgery. Keep in mind that the first two weeks after the surgery is the most important thus the importance of it should not be neglected.
- Asymmetry and irregularities and curvatures that may occur on the surface are among the problems you may encounter after liposuction, thus another session may be required for re-touch. If there is no irregularity on the surface, it would be very easy to provide symmetry.
- Numbness is an expected expected feeling after liposuction and it should not be considered as a complication. This loss of sensation fades in the first months. But in some cases, it can continue approximately for 9 months. In the most rare cases the loss feeling may be longer than 9 month.